Principal Security are pleased to announce, after much hard work and thorough inspection, we are now MLA (Master Locksmiths Association) Members. This accreditation shows the commitment to professionalism and extremely high values that the company is committed to upholding.
The Master Locksmiths Association (MLA) is the leading Trade Association for the locksmithing industry. In the absence of Government based licensing (meaning that anyone can call themselves a locksmith), the MLA can provide you with peace of mind through it’s licensing scheme.
MLA licensed locksmith companies, who undergo strict vetting (including criminal record checks, regular inspections to ensure quality etc), are able to provide advice based on knowledge and experience, recommend products that are fit for purpose as well as provide professional installation and maintenance services.
The key to your security needs.
Find your nearest MLA approved locksmith by contacting the Association:
Sold Secure, one of the leading suppliers of test and certification services for security related products, is delighted to sponsor this leaflet. Working with companies world-wide, we assess products to see whether strict performance criteria are met and where applicable allow the use of the coveted Sold Secure approved logo. When choosing your security products be sure to ask your MLA licensed locksmith if there is a Sold Secure approved product suitable for your particular needs.
• Leading Trade Association for the locksmithing industry
• Not-for-profit organisation
• Established over 50 years ago
• Nationwide Membership
• Promotes standards of conduct, practice and materials within locksmithing
• Provides peace of mind to the end customer through a licensing scheme, in the absence of Government based licensing
• Following a change to the law on the vetting of locksmiths implemented thanks to a campaign by the MLA, the only way for locksmiths to get standard Criminal Record disclosures is via Master Locksmiths Association membership
• Various discounts available from participating MLA members (see website homepage for more information)
• Standards are kept high by employment of qualified locksmiths, strict vetting and regular inspections. Training is also provided by the Association to ensure members are constantly up to date with the latest industry developments
• Recognised as the authoritative body for locksmithing by:
– Home Office
– British Standards Institute (BSI)
– RISC Authority (formerly IPCRes, the UK property insurers’ technical group)
– Building Research Establishment (BRE)
• MLA licensed locksmith companies are able to provide:
– Advice based on knowledge and experience
– Recommend products that are fit for purpose
– Provide professional installation and maintenance services
– A pricing policy to ensure fair and transparent prices are quoted before work commences
• Channels of arbitration exist to fully investigate any complaints or disputes, should they arise, and the MLA advises or takes any necessary action depending on the outcome
• Look out for the MLA Approved Company Logo
Visit www.locksmiths.co.uk or call 0800 783 1498 to find out the details of your nearest MLA licensed locksmith.